Thursday, December 31, 2009
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a DVR. Tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to__________ _ today."
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie (not you guys.) Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give it time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing!
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for __________." Today I accomplished _________.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more. And may nothing but happiness come through your door!
Happy New Year everyone!!!!!
Monday, December 28, 2009
My niece Ciennah going down the slide
These lights were really cool - they monkey moved across the vine, the elephants trunk moved and the tiger moved his paw.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
This weeks challenge at The Corrosive Challenge blog is "New Years Resolution"....and since I've never been one to make and KEEP my resolutions this was a toughy for me!!!! As I was pondering this one, I thought that maybe I should just believe in myself & my talent. So I dug around in my charms and found this Tim Holtz charm that I got from Heidi at Simon Says Stamp and used that as my Resolution!!! I WILL TRY TO BELIEVE in myself more!!! The reindeer is a digi image from Sweet N Sassy stamps.
Head over to the challenge blog to see what the other Design Team members are resolving to do for 2010!!!! And I hope you will join us this week!!!!
IF you post a comment, tell me what your New Years Resolution is, and I will draw a random # next Sunday for a baggie of mixed charms!!!!
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Please email me your address so I can get Steph to mail out your goodies!!!! (She will be back in the office Monday!)
Thanks everyone!!! Freebie Friday's will resume in January!!!!
Friday, December 25, 2009
This new sister blog of ABC Challenge looks REALLY awesome!! AND inspiring to get my Christmas cards done throughout the year & not to leave them until Dec. LOL They are having a blog hop right now too, so go check it out!!!!! Here is the link:
ABC Christmas Challenge blog
MERRY CHRISTMAS & happy hopping!!!!!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
I made this little 3x3 card for my DH - for part of his scavenger hunt to find his big gift!!!! I coloured with my koh-i-noor pencils & baby oil gel, then covered the whole heart with Crystal Effects. The DP on both these cards is Basic Grey (not sure which pad it came from......it was in my scrap bin! Euphoria maybe?!?!?!)
This card is for my BIL's birthday in Jan. Inside it says "catch all the fun you can".....he is an avid fisherman so I couldn't resist using this Whimsy Fish by Penny!!!! Isn't he cute??? He makes me giggle!!!! He is coloured with copics & covered with Crystal Ice Stickles! The card is actually white, but I put the pink paper behind it so you could see it......I normally photograph my cards with a white background! After I took this picture I added 3 green rhinestones after It's your day... cuz they got cut off with the word window punch!
Head to Penny's store HERE to check out all her great designs!!! And she has a lot of freebies too, so go check it out!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Here is the card:
And the wine bottle tags:
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
First 4 months decorated
Next 4 months decorated
Last 4 months decorated
It is a neat idea, and I'm sure it could be made with CD jewel cases - if anyone knows how, let me know!!! I might give it a try one day when I have some time!!!
Thanks for popping by! Have a GREAT week!!!!!
Monday, December 21, 2009
This weeks challenge at Incy Wincy Designs challenge blog is a PHOTO for you - for inspiration!!! HERE is the photo we would like you to take some inspiration from.
It can be the colours, the swirls, the circles, the marbles, whatever inspires you to create!!!
Here is a bookmark I made using some of the colours from the marbles. This is Chelsea & you can get her at the Incy Wincy Shop!!
Thanks for stopping by - have a great week!!!!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
This weeks challenge at The Corrosive Challenge Blog is BLING IT ON!!!!! So, I made a sparkly Christmas ball card. I cut the circles with a Creative Memories circle cutter thingy that I borrowed from a friend - I think it is 6 inches in diameter. I attached them at the top with the little hook circle, added a ribbon, a button and some gold thread. The DP is some retired SU Holiday paper I had in my Christmas bin! The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink set.
Head on over to the blog to check out the other DT's projects & to see what the prize is this week!!! Janet always has something great up her sleeve!!!! Thanks for stopping by!!! Have a great week!!!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
The winner or Berry Tilda & the Bitty Bag of Prima Flowers is.......... MARY LOU!!!
Congratulations Mary Lou! Please email me your mailing address & we will get those out to you soon!!! THANKS to all who played along!!!!
This week the theme of the prizes is BROWN!!!!! I LOVE BROWN with all colours......it makes such pretty colour combinations!!! So, one lucky person will win a bottle of Caramel Latte Fun Flock, "Sepia" Archival Ink pad, a pack of Bo Bunny Bodacious Brads in Chocolate Brown, a spool of Heidi Swapp ribbon in ROOTBEER FLOAT, AND a clear Inkadinkadoo stamp set called COOKIES OF LIFE...all valued at over $15!!!!! WOW!!!!!!
ribbon fun flock
Thursday, December 17, 2009
I was asked to represent Simon Says Stamp for another challenge at the Stamping Sisters in Christ challenge blog and again, I am HONOURED to! This time of year makes me thankful for what I have and count my blessings. One thing I am very blessed with is to be a part of the Simon Says Stamp family. Their kindness & generosity fills my heart!!!! Simon Says is sponsoring their challenges once a month, so if you want to win some GREAT prizes head on over to the blog to check it out!!!!
The scripture this week is from Matthew 6:21, which reads "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Kristine gives a really great reflection on the entire scripture reading about storing up our treasures in heaven. You should go check it out!!!!
Sooooo, the CHALLENGE this week set by Kristine, is to use crafty "treasures" on your card or other project... in other words, BLING IT UP! (ie. bling = gems, pearls, dazzling diamonds, charms, etc.) I have used rhinestones, a charm, shimmery ribbon, silver cord, and a whole lotta stickles!!!! I hope it is "BLINGY" enough!!! LOL This House Mouse stamp can be purchased at Simon Says Stamp, as are the Nestabilities, the rhinestones, the stickles, and the charms.
Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you have a great weekend!!! Only 1 more week until Christmas!!!!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Anyway, the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp challenge blog is "MERRY CHRISTMAS" - so very fitting as the big day draws nearer!!!! As always, there is a $25 shopping spree up for grabs for one lucky entrant!!! It cuold be you!! So head over there, check out what the otehr DT members have for you, and get crafting!! ALSO, if you come back on Friday, you can have a chance to win my Friday Freebie prize!!! So, lots of chances to win!!! You really should check out the Simon Says Stamp group on PCP - I am running a 12 Days of Christmas contest...12 prizes, fun trivia, games, etc. PLUS a GRAND prize!!! All you have to do is be a member of the group......and know the answers of course (or know how to use Google!! LOL)
About the card:
Card base is from a box of premade card bases from Michael's
House Mouse stamp is from Simon Says Stamp
Poinsettia flower is from Simon Says Stamp (Prima Chrismas ball)
Snowflakes are from the dollar store
Sentiment is from an unknown stamp set I've had forever
Have a great week!!! I have only 5 1/2 days of work until we get Christmas break! I CANNOT wait!!!! Thanks for stopping by! See you on FRIDAY!!!! ;-)
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Here are the 10 that I made:
image from Nikki at Graphix& Designs (digi)
image from Incy Wincy Designs (digi)
image from Victoria Case (digi)
Monday, December 14, 2009
This image was drawn by Greg, an Incy Wincy team member (& co-founder of Incy Wincy Designs Charity). Isn't it GREAT?? It can be YOURS free if you head over to the Incy Wincy Designs Challenge blog. Use this image in this weeks challenge and get TWO entries to win!!!!Head over to the blog to see what the others have done with this image!!!! I hope you will join us this week - I know you are all working on your Christmas cards - how can you pass up another cute Santa image, for FREE???
Have a great week!
- ► 2017 (11)
- ► 2016 (49)
- ► 2015 (141)
- ► 2014 (226)
- ► 2013 (233)
- ► 2012 (218)
- ► 2011 (333)
- ► 2010 (435)
- ▼ 12/27 - 01/03 (5)
- ► 12/20 - 12/27 (8)
- ► 12/13 - 12/20 (8)
- ► 2008 (219)