Friday, March 14, 2008

Tilda in wellies

I made this card for my friend who has moved to the UK for 4 or 5 months with her husband for his job. I used a ready made card base from a box from Michaels - I know, it's cheating but it was so cute!! I coloured her using prismas & gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) That is a technique I'm always working on - trying to improve my colouring!!! I added a bunch of flowers from K&Company that I got from Michael's. The other paper I used is So Saffron and Cameo Coral. The white I used is Wausau Bright White cardstock from Wal-Mart. I still prefer my Cougar white that my friend picked up for us - it is THE brightest and whitest I have seen yet!

ETA - "Wellies" are the British term for RUBBER BOOTS!!!!

4 comments:

Tickle Me Pink said...

Love these colors!! Your tilda is so cute! I've nominated you for the You Make My Day Award. Here the link to my post for the little pic : http://mommyscraps.blogspot.com/2008/03/procrastinating-my-tags.html

Deb said...

Oh so sweet, she is fabulous Chris, I love her wellies!

Littlekel90 said...

I am not exactly sure I know what Wellies are (maybe her socks?), but I SURE think she is cute. I think your coloring looks great, too, Chris!

{{hugs}} to you and Mom :) Kel

The Lucky Clucker said...

I love these Tilda's! I have a few of them myself and they are so sweet! Your colouring is great and I go with premade cards every once in awhile, just for something different!

Blog Archive