Friday, March 14, 2008

Tilda in wellies

I made this card for my friend who has moved to the UK for 4 or 5 months with her husband for his job. I used a ready made card base from a box from Michaels - I know, it's cheating but it was so cute!! I coloured her using prismas & gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) That is a technique I'm always working on - trying to improve my colouring!!! I added a bunch of flowers from K&Company that I got from Michael's. The other paper I used is So Saffron and Cameo Coral. The white I used is Wausau Bright White cardstock from Wal-Mart. I still prefer my Cougar white that my friend picked up for us - it is THE brightest and whitest I have seen yet!

ETA - "Wellies" are the British term for RUBBER BOOTS!!!!

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

Love these colors!! Your tilda is so cute! I've nominated you for the You Make My Day Award. Here the link to my post for the little pic : http://mommyscraps.blogspot.com/2008/03/procrastinating-my-tags.html

Deb said...

Oh so sweet, she is fabulous Chris, I love her wellies!

Kelly L said...

I am not exactly sure I know what Wellies are (maybe her socks?), but I SURE think she is cute. I think your coloring looks great, too, Chris!

{{hugs}} to you and Mom :) Kel

Bonnie said...

I love these Tilda's! I have a few of them myself and they are so sweet! Your colouring is great and I go with premade cards every once in awhile, just for something different!

Blog Archive