Monday, May 24, 2010

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge.....BUTTON UP!!!

The Incy Wincy Designs Challenge blog has a great challenge for you this week....USE BUTTONS on your project! I LOVE BUTTONS!!!!! I had to walk away from about 9 large pickle jars FULL of buttons at a Garage Sale on Sat....LOL...that was probably close to 10,000 buttons!!! LMAO Tim would have killed me!!!! Here is my card for this week. I used the 3D Penguin, which is available from Asprire to Thrive shop. These 3 D sheets are amazingly cool - you get the image, plus anywhere from 3-10 pieces to layer - like decoupage!!! So much fun!!!! Go check out the GREAT selection they have!!!





Here is a side view to show the layers....it looks really cool in real life!!! HONEST!!!!

I used a black card base and layered bashful blue and white to create a "winter" feel! The white layer is dry embossed with the Snowflake folder for my Cuttlebug!! I attached sparkly blue ribbon and a snowflake charm (which I got at Simon Says Stamp), buttons with silver thread, and blue rhinestones (also from Simon Says!). I coloured the penguin with Copics.

Thanks for looking! I hope you head over to the Incy Wincy blog to join us this week!!! The prize is $10 to the Aspire to Thrive shop - so YOU can get your own 3D images to play with !!! HOW FUN!!!!!!

Have a great week!!!! Today is a holiday in Canada, so I'm going to enjoy the day with my dogs and Tim. Back to work tomorrow!!!!

Chris

8 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Chris, love the sweet penquin.
luv
Debby

Kelly L said...

What do you mean it looks really cool IRL?! Silly girl, it looks really cool here on your blog, too! :) Love that cute little penguin and the buttons of course. Hugs, Kel

HappyCrafter said...

Such a fun card, love the 3d layering! as for buttons, don't think I could have walked away from jars of them LOL! Good for you :-)

jjcreations said...

Great card, Chris - love the layering!

Martine said...

oooooo this is brrrrrrilliant darlin (see what i did there hehe ;P ), that penguin is such a cutie, love the embossed background too, and wow 10,000 buttons, blimey imagine trying to sort them into colours lol


xx

Martine

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Chris, a real cute image,and layered beautifully.xxx

Heather "Hev" said...

Very very cute :)

Nikki said...

OMG you walked away did you do the turn around and sigh lol I can just imagine how tough it was but 10000 you could make a quilt of buttons lol
Love your penguin :)
hugs Nikki

Blog Archive