This week at Karen's Doodles USA Challenge blog, they are doing a joint challenge with the UK blog....ANYTHING but a card! I wasn't sure if I could submit the same project for both, so I decided to bite the bullet and try these candles!!!! It was SO easy & they look so cool when they are done!!! I just need to get some cello wrap to wrap them up with ribbons and I should be able to sell these at my weekly Market that I go to!!!
<-- I added stickles to the balloon (mostly to cover up a candle boo boo) but it still looks pretty!!!
I had some help from Holly on how to do them "digi style" and she was a HUGE help!!! THANKS HOLLY!!!!! And Bob helped me with how to do it "rubber stamp style" - that one will be posted soon!!! THANKS BOB!!!!
Here is what I did (for DIGITAL IMAGES):
1. taped a piece of white tissue paper to a piece of copy paper
2. put it in my printer and print the images I wanted in the center of the page (so the ends don't curl and rip)
3. print images & pray the tissue goes through the printer (it did!!!)
4. colour images with Copics
5. carefully peel tissue away from copy paper
6. Trim around image (the closer you get, the better)
7. place image on candle where you want it (smooth out any wrinkles)
8. lay a piece of wax paper around candle (over image) and wrap around to back of candle so you don't burn your fingers!
9. Gently heat image with heat gun (you can see it start to melt into the candle) but don't heat too much or it will bubble and drip
10. Use wax paper to smooth wax down if needed .... but that should do it!!!
11. Embellish candle as you wish - ribbon, stickles, glitter, flowers, rhinestones, etc.
12. All done!!! EASY PEASY!!!!
For Rubber stamping, you do the same method above except you stamp RIGHT on the tissue paper (instead of printing on it!) - and that is it!
I can't believe I was so frightened to do this before!!! I LOVE IT!!! Now I have to go buy more candles!!! LOL (I just bought cheap white pillar candles from the Dollar Store!!!)
Here is the third one I did using a Squigglefly image that I LOVE!!! This is a Shy Bear..isn't he cute?? There is a whole schwack of them at Squigglefly...go check em out!!!!
Thanks for hanging out with me today! Have a great weekend!!!