Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SCS sketch challenge card

This card is for Adelee's swap club - this month's theme is to use a stamp set that is retiring from SU! I used Wildlife Reserve - I really like this set, I should use it more often! This is also my first attempt at "inchies"..... I'll get back to you on a verdict on those!!! LOL The SCS sketch I used was SC123. I used Old Olive as my base, then the DP is Wintergreen. I used my Hodgepodge hardware and some green leather string. The sentiment is from Warm Words (SU). I think it makes for a good masculine card, what do you think?

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Great guy card! I wish I was in that swap!

Kelly L said...

Those colors are terrific. I hear ya about inchies. They are so little, but I think they really look GREAT on a card. They take some getting used to. I just color and blend when they are on a bigger piece of cs and then use a punch or cut them out smaller just before placement. :) Kel

Ila said...

Fabulous card!! I love colors, paper and stamp!

Anonymous said...

Chris this card is a great man card, I love all the different shades of green. Hear you about the inchies, not my favourite.

:) Marcia

Deb said...

gorgeous card Chris, well done for trying inchies, I haven't braved them yet! Love the adorable images you used!

Donelda said...

It is a great masculine card! I too have been pulling this set out lately (that is where the owl came from). I bought it because I figured it would make lots of masculine cards but I haven't pulled it out lately. Not only is the set retiring, but the hardware is too!! Perfect for Adelee's challenge! I love inchies, not sure why, just a weird addiction to doing something cool on a small scale :-)

Blog Archive