Monday, August 25, 2008

Another anniversary card!


I made this one for my parents, to go with the gift that my siblings and I bought for them (a new set of cordless phones!) They are both 76 years old, and not very "techy", but we did get them set up with the voice mail service through the phone lines (which was SO hard to convince them that it is much more reliable than an old answering machine), but now, when they are on the other line talking, it goes right to voice mail so people can leave a message. My Mom doesn't know how to check them, or doesn't think to check them after she gets off the phone - so this new set blinks if there is a message. Hopefully that will help!!! LOL She always calls and gets mad at us because we didn't call her back (when we did, but she was on the phone and didn't check her messages!) I coloured these cute porcupines with my SU pastels & inked up the letters with Apricot Appeal. I added some stickles to the hearts and the little stars.

Supplies:
Stamp: Prickly Love (Rachelle Anne Miller)
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery (both SU)
Ink: Palette noir, Apricot Appeal,
Accessories and tools: heart folder & my Cuttlebug, bashful blue ribbon, self adhesive letters from Making Memories (got them at Michael's)

4 comments:

MichelleO said...

What a wonderful card! and I love the story about your parents! Made me think of my MIL... we got her a cell phone...ahhh way to many buttons and we got the simplist one we could.
HUGS
MichelleO

Unknown said...

YOUR NEW CARD IS JUST SO ADORABLE CHRIS!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Chris. Can you imagine what technology is going to be like when we are 76!? Scary thought really.

:) Marcia

Kelly L said...

Oooh, this image is cute, and I love the heart bg and the 3D letters. :) Funny story about your mom and dad. My pap is like that with his messages, too. He is 80, and we had to teach him how to listen to and clear his messages. It was only a few years ago that we finally talked him into a small digital answering machine. After buying it for him for Christmas, he didn't have a choice but to accept it. HA ;)

Blog Archive