Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tildas of a different colour

I have been tossing the idea around in my head to get away from the typical blonde/fair skinned Tilda & finally sat down to attempt some Tildas with darker skin!!! I hope I've done her justice - I think she is pretty dang cute!!! I have NEVER seen her coloured with dark skin - so I hope I'm not "stepping on any toes" or offending anyone! Anyways, here are 2 of them I did this weekend.
I coloured this one with E11, E13, and E18 Copic markers to get the darker skin & her hair is coloured with N9. I can't get over how dang cute she is with dark skin and dark hair!!!!

I tried this one with even darker skin - I used E25 & E27 and N9 for her hair. I made this one in our school uniform colours so I could give it to our principal as a thank you at the end of the year. This Tilda looks so much like one of our students from Sudan - so beautiful!!!

What do you all think?? Be honest & I hope I didn't offend anyone with these!!

Have you seen anyone else colouring her with darker skin? If so, let me know where, I'd love to check it out!!!

Thanks for looking!!!

3 comments:

AmethystCat said...

wonderful cards! I think you did a marvelous job and I think Tilda looks beautiful in all skin tones. lovely!

Janet said...

i think you did a fab job!!! thanks for the colours i am gonna try it!!
hugs

Holly Young said...

I've considered doing just this myself, but didn't have the right colors. I think you did a wonderful job! I especially love the first one.

Blog Archive