Thursday, January 1, 2009

Roses on Paper challenge cards

The Roses on Paper challenge blog put out a sketch challenge and it looked like a fun one.
Go HERE and check it out & play along - you have until Jan. 4!!! Anyways, here are my two submissions for the challenge: (the third isn't a submission.....read why beside the dragon card) ALL are coloured with copics.
The sentiment is from Verve Visuals set called "Beautiful You", the paper is SU - cameo coral, but not sure which series the DP - it was in my unmarked stash! This card is 5 1/4 inch square.
I made a boy birthday card to have on hand using the sketch too. This is a regular A2 size card. The paper and ribbon are SU, but the buttons are from CTMH, and the sentiment is from Verve Visuals set called Thoughtful Phrases. I'm not sure I will qualify for this one as I didn't put an embellie in the top right corner - but I didn't want to as it seemed too crowded already! Oh well!!!
This card isn't an entry because I didn't use the right stamps, but that's ok, I think he is cute anyway & I like the sketch. The dragon is ACE from High Hopes. I used the ROP sketch too, and added some buttons.

Thanks for looking!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!! I hope you all had a fun, safe New Years Eve. Tim & I had a quiet night at home, watched "The Assassination of Jesse James" in front of the fireplace, and went to bed early! LOL

**Blog Candy Alert - I will be giving away blog candy when I hit my 300th POST!!!!! I think I am at 275 right now with this one!!!! More details coming soon!!!! **

11 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Very cute cards! Love the dragon too!

Deborah said...

Oh I love your cards. Love all the patterned paper as well. Very nice.

Iris Wiechmann said...

Great job with the cards! Thanks for joining our challenge. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations on our future challenges.
Happy New Year!

Iris~x

Deb said...

they are fantastic Chris, I so love the dragon!

Happy New Year, wishing you lots of luck and happiness in 2009!

Andrea said...

Wow, beautiful cards.
xAndrea

Bev said...

Wonderful cards, love the sweet images
hugs Bev x

Becky said...

OMG! I loooooooves that dragon! Your coloring is great!

Annie said...

3 fabulous cards and what a great sketch to work with! hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards.

Hugs Vanja

Anki said...

Love them all! Thank you for participating and I will be looking out for more creations by you during 2009. Kram - Anki

AmethystCat said...

wow - great cards! All 3 of them are super and the background papers and details are fabulous! great job!

Blog Archive