Saturday, January 3, 2009

Spinner cards

I had SO much fun making these - I giggled the whole time!!! My idea first came when I sat down with my "Frogs Jumping for Joy" set by Simon Says Stamp to make some Design Team cards. I wanted a way to make the frog appear to be "jumping for joy" - and then it hit me...I remembered seeing a card that had something that "rolled" across the front - NO idea what they were called so I sifted through all the tutorials until I found it!!! The SCS instructions were confusing so I did a Google search and found a tutorial here - much easier to follow!!! Anyways - I had FUN!!!!



Here is the first one I made - not 100% happy with the front, but it was the test project!! BUT I had to show you cuz the frog actually JUMPS across the card!!! I wish I knew how to do a video but if you've ever made one of these, you know what I mean!!!





And the next one I made, just cuz!!!



Thanks for looking!! I head back to work on Monday so my crafting time will be less but I will still be around!!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

10 comments:

Sparkle said...

Fun cards! I love that frog!

Holly said...

Cute cards Catt! Love those googly eyes on the frog! I really like the paper you used on the flower spinner.

Annie said...

oh I love the frog spinner card, and I bet it's fabulous on the move! very pretty flower one too. I've often seen these cards, but never got around to making one. hugs, annie x

Jane said...

Cute! I like the frog one. But they are both cute. I've never made one myself.

Jane
SBS4

~KRISTY~ said...

LOVE EM ALL CHRIS! HAPPY NEW YEAR! GREAT PHOTOS OF BRICK IN THE SNOW!

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute cards :)

Deb said...

they look like such a lot of fun! great cards!

Carmen said...

Your cards look great, I have to try this also!
I'm really sorry, but I don't know anymore if I already sent a big "THANK YOU" for the birthday card you've sent to me! If not, thank you very much, I was so happy to receive one of your wonderful cards!
Hugs, Carmen

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OH THIS IS WONDERFUL! Mr Frog is so happy! Can I post it on our blog Chris???? YOU are so creative! You Skinny bitch you! (I mean that nicely you know!)
smiles!
-Heidi
WE NEED to chat about.....I'm so bad! I'll try to call you during daylight, I just work so many nights and don't want to wake Tim up!

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

I've just been on the simonsaysstamp blog and seen your work - its fantastic and I love this card. All your creations are gorgeous - well done you !

Hugs,

Jo x

Blog Archive