Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First Communion cards

Tommy, my friend Tracy's son, just had his First Communion last weekend, and my neice is having her's this Sunday, so I had to make a couple cards. I have the perfect Magnolia stamp for girls - Tilda wearing a cross - but was stumped for a "boy" card!! So, what I did.....don't laugh.....is I cut Tilda's head off, stamped Edwin's head and cut it out and glued it onto Tilda's body! I thought the outfit could suit a boy or girl regardless of the "head" that is on top!! Anyways, I think it turned out pretty well....what do you think??? The card base is River Rock and the DP is Apple Cider. I coloured his pants with OMS and prismas. The "celebrate" stamp is from Hero Arts and the clip is from SU's Hodgepodge Hardware. It is pretty plain but I really struggle with masculine cards.....usually ribbon or flowers do the trick!!! I think Magnolia should make a boy stamp just like this!!! Here is the card I made for my niece with the "real" head on the stamp. The card base is Elegant Eggplant & I used a piece of DP that I found in my scraps bin that was quite pretty and "heavenly" (LOL) I coloured her with OMS & my prismas & attached a tag with a silver clip. I didn't make it too religious, I probably should have, but I don't have any good sentiments for things like this! And normally little girls where frilly white dresses for their First Communion, but Tilda isn't so I figured I'd colour her in Darby's favourite colours! She looks like she is standing in a field of flowers! I cut her out and pop dotted her on the DP!

4 comments:

Seleise said...

great coloring! and, love that you cut off the head. very creative!!! never stop a stamper on a mission, right? :) love the story!

Beckie said...

What a clever chicken you are LOL. Good job they are both lovely cards!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! So cute! Tommy is going to love it! I will be sure not to let him see your blog today! You are so creative to think to cut the head off!

Trace

~KRISTY~ said...

THEY ARE BOTH GORGEOUS CARDS CHRIS! WHAT GREAT KEEPSAKES FROM THEIR COMMUNION.

Blog Archive