Thursday, September 11, 2008

Magnetic bookmarks?!?!?!?

Ok, yeah, seriously...I thought that too when I saw them. I saw them in BC at this little artisan store, selling them for $2 each. All it was, was a small piece of paper, with a photo on one side and 2 little magnets inside to grasp to the page in your book. I thought....what the heck....I can make those....so I bought one, to get the dimensions and to remind me to actually DO it, and I FINALLY did!!!! Here is a pic of the bunch that I made:
The dimensions are 3 1/2 x 2. But you could make them whatever size you want. Just add the magnets to the bottom!


A close up of the glittery butterfly. I believe this butterfly is from TAC. The glitter is Hero Arts Prisma glitter & the rhinestones are from Hero Arts as well (bought from Simon Says Stamp)!!!


Here is a pic of the inside...pretty simple eh? The hockey skate is from TAC too.


Another close up - I embossed these snowflakes with Winter Wonderland powder from Michael's. The snowflakes are from Seasonal Icons (SU).

And the last one, is a bird from Simon Says Stamp set - A little birdie told me - check out their store and blog link on the right! This one I added pink flock to the bird so it's fuzzy.

5 comments:

Deb said...

they are so sweet Chris, I like the idea of magnetic bookmarks, mine always falls out and I lose my place!Hope you are having a great weekend!

Kelly L said...

These are great, Chris, and I actually have one from a bookstore, but never thought to create my own. Great idea for your flea market sales, too. :) Your students would probably love them as well (hmm, maybe Christmas gifts) *wink*

Donelda said...

What a great idea!! I love making bookmarks!! Not only are they functional but they also are a great way to use up scrap...and you know how much scrap I have :-)

Jane said...

A friend of mine gave me a "magnetic bookmark" a while back and I used it until I lost it. I've been thinking I need to make me one. Thanks for some inspiration!

Jane

Anonymous said...

I have to make these today!! I think I will make them out of all the wallpaper I have hanging around! Thanks for the ideas. I may even use some TAC stamps since I am a demo for them - LOL

SheilaH660@aol.com

Blog Archive