Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More Hanglar & Stanglar kids

I was on a roll with my new Hanglar & Stanglar stamps! Here are 2 more I created. This first one uses a Mojo Monday sketch from awhile back (I can't remember which one, sorry!) and I just flipped it. I used Elegant Eggplant CS and Almost Amethyst DP. I coloured her using my Copics - I experimented with giving her black hair, and I think it turned out alright! Does anyone have any tips for making black hair? Isn't she precious?




This one is a small 4 1/2 " square card I made for my sister to thank her for coming to Great Falls with me! I know she is holding a bird house and I put butterflies on the card instead of birds...whoops!! Oh well!!!! She is still cute eh??


Thanks for stopping by! AND THANKS AGAIN CHRISTINA, you are an ANGEL!!!!!! Big hugs!!!! ;-)

Chris

11 comments:

Deb said...

Adorable! Love those Hanglars!
Have a great day! Debx

Donelda said...

I think the butterflies are fine even if she is holding a birdhouse!! I also like the black hair on your first card...very different look!

Janet said...

great cards! i think i need some of these stamps!
hugs

AmethystCat said...

oh my gosh - I'm flipping over how great your cards are! The lavendar is my fav because purple is my fav color and I love how you used the dew drops below the image! Beautiful cards!

Stef H said...

These are just fabulous! I love the purple in the first one and I just love butterflies - so the 2d one is super!

Hugs,

Christina C. said...

Love those Hanglars!!!!! Since most birdhouses are located near gardens, butterflies are a perfect choice. Purples/lilacs are my favorite colors too. Hugs, Christina

PBrown9624 said...

Cute cards Chris! Bird houses, flowers,butterflies all remind me of spring so I think it's just fine.
Pam

Jacque said...

Chris, I just love both of those cards...those munchkins are just PRECIOUS!!!! HUgs...Jacque

Holly Young said...

Chris these are so cute! I always avoided coloring hair black because it's just so - well BLACK! But I have been experimenting some and found if I go with the dark greys and use my black as the darkest and blend it out with the greys it looks good. There's a card on my blog labeled Mr. & Mrs. where I colored the man's suit all black and used that technique. You did a good job on yours though; maybe just highlight the bangs.
I love the second card; the colors are coordinated so well!

Diane said...

What lovable images!!! These are too cute Chris!!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Both are great cards, I like the colours in the second one, they work well together.

Hope you are well.

:) Marcia P

Blog Archive