Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stair Step card

Ok, I think that is what they are called!!!! I saw Roz's card on Magnolia-licious awhile ago and I wrote down the dimensions - and found them the other day! BUT for the life of me, I can't remember what these are called!!! LOL I called it a WAVE card at first, but she told me it was called the STAIR STEP FOLD. Makes sense I guess!!!!

The dimesions are 10 1/2 x 5 for the base. Score at 1.75, 2.5, 4.25, 6, and 8.25 inches. Fold it accordion style so the small side is in the front and folded down.
The DP is just cut 1/4 inch smaller but that is just personal choice, you can cover the whole thing or not at all.

These images were all from my good friend JACQUE who felt bad for me cuz I didn't have my Magnolia Spring Kit yet (It is STILL NOT HERE by the way....hmphhhhh!!!!) I love the little bugs that came with it, they are sooo cute!!!! Edwin chasing butterflies is adorable isn't he? I thought I'd add a sentiment inside one of the folds that says "Hope your day is full of fun".


Here is a side view of it. IF Edwin wasn't so tall, it would fit in a normal A2 size envelope but alas, he is too tall. If you used a different image, you could easily get it to fit in a regular envelope, just measure it before you glue it on.


Anyways, I am really pleased with how this turned out!!! I think I am going to use this idea for my next Card Workshop!!!! :) Thanks for hangin' out here!!!!
Chris

9 comments:

Jacque said...

Chris, that is absolutely precious...so it stands up??? That Edwin is so cute the way you have done him so dimensionally...geeeeeeeeeesh...that looks like too much work...lol...Just love that card!!!! Hugs..Jacque

Janet said...

awwwwwwwwww this is so cute! I have to try out one of these cards!!
hugs

Stef H said...

This is adorable and yes, it's called a stair-step card. There are directions for it at SCS. But you aced it.

Hugs,

Christina C. said...

Well, Chris, you have no inspired me to try that. Great card!! Hugs, Christina

Holly Young said...

Chris, this turned out adorable! You did a fantastic job.

Donelda said...

wow, that is an amazing new fold for me!! You always give me exicting new things to try!!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Now thats something different, thanks for sharing it.

:) Marcia P

Jessica G. said...

What a fun image to use with the Stair Step technique! Cute, cute!

Debby said...

Oh this is clever. I love it.

Blog Archive