Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Simon Says.......STITCH IT!!!

This weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog is STITCH IT!!! You can either use real stitching or faux stitching, which is what I did! Head over to the Challenge blog to see what the other Design Team members have in store for you! You won't regret it, I promise!!!! If you decide to join us on this challenge, make sure you upload your card/project to Mr. Linky on the Challenge blog for us all to see & to be eligible to win a $25 shopping spree at Simon Says Stamp!!!

Our QUEST this week is to get 200 participants!!!! We were SOOOOOOOOO close last week and even closer the week before, so I think this week WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! So, come on EVERYONE - Stitch up a card, head over to the Challenge blog, and link your fabby creation so we can all see it!!!! You don't have to use Simon Says Stamps...any stamp set will do!!!! Let's get over 200 entries this week!!!!!

This week I used "Oh Happy Day" set, a Simon Says Stamp exclusive set. I paper pieced the umbrella to match the sky blue paper (which I stamped the lanterns onto to make my own DP). I added some bright pink flowers and sponging - this colour combination kinda happened by accident but I LOVE it!!! I added a little dragonfly for good luck too!



ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD - you have found some HIDDEN BLOG CANDY this week!!!!!!! (lights blinking, horn blaring, confetti falling from the ceiling - you get the picture right??) You can win a bottle of Glimmer Mist (Gold), courtesy of Simon Says Stamp!!!!! All you have to do is leave me a comment here AND at the Simon Says Challenge blog to be eligible!!!! I will announce the winner on Monday, Sept. 28.

Now, I hope you will all head over to the Challenge blog and join us this week in this challenge!!! ALSO, if you join in on this challenge AND leave a comment on my blog on Friday, you could win a prize with my Fabulous Friday Freebie!!!! Come back on Friday & check it out!!!!!
Have a great week!!!
Chris

17 comments:

ribenaruby said...

This goes so well Chris! It's the happy accidents that make a creation special, I'll use your tip about making own background paper and please don't enter me in the candy as I've already won. Best wishes, Ruby x

AmethystCat said...

fabulous card! love the "home-made" dp and the paper piecing is fab too! Have a super day, Chris!

Jacque said...

Chris, this is just lovely!!! Love the color combination you CREATED!!!! it's gorgeous!!! So oriental and CUTE!!! Hugs..Jacque

Kristine said...

Hi Chris! Super card! LOVE all those flowers and your fun "stitching" :) Have a wonderful day! xXx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Chris,
I love all of your creations! :) Very cool way to show off your stitching skills around the shape and these Asian images are so hot! The big pink flowers are beautiful.

Thanks so much for continuing to inspire others and being an awesome addition to our Simon Family! :)

<3,
Steph

Timcso said...

Gorgeous card Chris!The flowers and the image are beautiful!:)

Hugs, Tímea

pinky said...

Gorgeous card, love the stitching and the colours are beautiful. Loving those big flowers too!
Of course I've entered again, can't resist these challenges.
Pinky

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, wonderful flowers and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Great stitching, braver than me! Gorgeous card.

:) Marcia P

gila said...

Hallo Chris,
die Karte istz toll.
ich hab gerade bei der Challenge mitgemacht.
http://gilashandarbeitenundbasteleien.blogspot.com/2009/09/2-challenges.html

lg gila

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Chris :-) I love this image and the flowers and papers look just perfect ! Fab stitching too ;-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Wilma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wilma said...

sorry Chris messed that last one up!!Love your card and your happy accident - bbs with my card!

Tami said...

I appreciate your blog and love the challenges. I entered the stitch challenge and always follow the blogs.

Wilma said...

Hi back again!! and here's my card for your candy draw

Michelle said...

Love the card! I actually got my Simon Says card done this week! Yay! Michelle K
Have a SUPER day

Anne H. said...

Your card is gorgeous!
Beautiful colors and details.
I can see there are more than 200 entries now.... Congrats!
Anne -:)

Blog Archive