Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Knight in Shining Armour!!



I made these cards with my new Fairy Tale set by Doodle Factory - there are about 20 stamps in the set and they are CUTE! There is a wizard, a princess, a horse, dragons, a cart, a castle, a turret, frog, etc. Check them out at Starving Artistamps

So, here are the DEETS!! I MADE MY OWN TECHNIQUE (well, at least I think I did!! I'm sure it's somewhere but I came up with it on my own!) I call it...Faux Armour!! LOL I have seen faux denim & faux wood, but I needed something shiny and silver to go with my little knight. So, I rubbed Going Grey ink on my cardstock, then sponged on silver metallic reinker all over to give it shimmer (boy did it stink though! UGH) Done!

The first card I paper pieced his suit with another piece of "faux armoured" cardstock, but the second card I coloured him using gamsol & prismas. I added Crystal Effects to the shield in the first card, and all over his armour and shield in the second one. The sentiment is from Father Figure (Verve Visual) I added some brads and some photo corners and mounted it all on black to make it pop!!! What do you think???? He's cute eh?? You REALLY gotta check out the whole set - so cute!!!

7 comments:

Deb said...

wow, so cute, loving these little guys! The colour is amazing and I love the little shields!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

He's so cute - love him! Job well done, me thinks. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

OMG CHRIS, HOW TOTALLY ADORABLE IS YOUR NEW CARD! THANKS FOR THE TUTORIAL!

AmethystCat said...

he is super cute and congrats on creating a technique! love the card!

Kristine said...

OH WOW!! THis is really cool! LOVE your new technique :D This is only the 2nd card I've seen with this cute li'l guy. i just made one with him a couple days ago! Nice job!!

Donelda said...

Oh my, those are really really really cute!! I love them...might need to head over and pull out my wallet...even though I am totally on a spending freeze...sheesh, you enabler you :-)

Jacqueline said...

That is neat!

Blog Archive