Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Squigglefly Colour Challenge on SNR

I was finally able to join a Squigglefly colour challenge over on SNR Card Universe - yahoooo!!!! I'm so proud of myself! The challenge was two-fold : to use shades of yellow and to have something POPPED out of your card.
I made TWO....wheeeee!!!! The first card truly followed the challenge, but I think I might have cheated a bit on the second one!
I used a new Shy Bears image that is available from Squigglefly - they are soooo cute, I am SO in love with them!!!! I should have bought them ALL!!!! I popped out the bear, his hat, some leaves and the apples, and there is DEFINATELY yellow on this card!! LOL I used Crushed Curry paper and ribbon from SU - and a prima flower that matched it perfectly!!! The star paper is from a Heidi Grace Halloween set but it worked!!!!

Here is proof that it REALLY is popped out. I coloured and cut out 2 bears and used SU dimensionals to pop them up! The hat is popped up one level higher with a thicker dimensional I got at the Dollarama!

Here is the second card I made - I didn't pop anything out on dimensionals, but I made some things "dimensional"...LOL..does that count??? The mashed potatoes are Liquid Applique, so they are puffy and sticking up....I added crystal effects to the apples, peas and gravy, as well as the salt & pepper shakers.....that should count too eh?? LOL I really think this card needs a sentiment in the bottom right corner before I send it off - what do you think?
Anyway, thanks for "popping" in to say hi!!!! Have a great week!!!
Chris

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

Chris, these are both fantastic! I love the dimension on the first one and your second card definitely counts as having things popped up! Really fantastic coloring!

AmethystCat said...

wowza - coloring two bears that well and then popping one up - awesome!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW your coloring is AWESOME!! WAY TO GO!! Love both of these cards!!
hugz
deb

Yani said...

What a cute card! Love 3-D images ;-)

Diane said...

Oh my! Those are so darn cute!!!
Love the dimensions!!!

Blog Archive