Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dare U 2 Digi Challenge (2 weeks in a row...wheeee)

I can't believe it, I actually was able to participate in Dare U 2 Digi challenges 2 weeks in a row..yaaaa me!!! LOL This week it is a colour challenge - yellow, orange & black (or white)
I have been working on this card for a couple days, trying to figure out the BEST way to use that castle door - and this is what I came up with. I originally wanted it to open, and the dragon pop out but it wasn't working. I will keep trying though!!!!

I used Digi stamps by Dustin Pike - the castle wall was a freebie awhile ago and I just got the dragon in his latest release. So adorable!!!! I coloured it all with Copics, then attached the dragon to the top of the wall. I cut out the door completely and glued a piece of vellum behind it. I mounted it all on pop dots & put it on silver cardstock. The finished size is about 5 1/2 x 10 from tip of his tail to the bottom of the card - gonna have to be creative in making an envelope for this baby!!!! I cut out the ROAR with my Cricut (Animal Kingdom cartridge)



And here is the inside sentiment. It is going to a little boy so I didn't want it to be too scary!! LOL



Thanks for hanging out with me! I hope you have a great week! I have to go back to work after 5 days off - sighhhh!!!!! See ya all tomorrow with the new Simon Says Stamp challenge!!!
Chris

10 comments:

Chris said...

Fantastic and creative card Chris! I love what you've done to make the dragon sit on top of the castle, it looks superb! Wonderful colouring and use of the colours too. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Deb said...

oh wow, what an amazing card, love it! hugs Debx

Kristine said...

THAT ROCKS Chris!! WOW, love that cute dragon and castle :) I love Dustin Pike's drawings, and have a few that I need to start using soon! :) Great job and good luck with trying to get that dragon to pop out!! If you do, you'll have to share a tute with us all, LOL! :)

Jaspere said...

Wow you rocked this one.

debby4000 said...

Oh this fab, love the dragon and how he's peering over the castle.
luv
Debby

Karen said...

I just love what you have done here - such a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS
Karen x

Larissa said...

Great card Chris! Love the big dragon on top of the castle and the sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

Hugs,
Larissa

Michelle said...

Brilliant card Chris A fabulous entry for DU2DS this week, thanks so much for joining us.
x Michelle

Sandra said...

Fantastic card. So bright and cheerful. Really brought a smile to my face. Thank you for joining us on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp. Hope to see you at the next challenge.
Sandra x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Amazing card - very original and clever design! Thanks for joining the DU2DS colour challenge!

Blog Archive