Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My first EASEL CARDS!!!!

Alright, I jumped in and tried my hand at an easel card. The tutorial I used which was really awesome & easy to follow can be found HERE.



This one is a 4 x4 - first try, it's ok.....a bit small but I didn't want to overwhelm myself with my first one!!! LOL I used Riding hood red CS, the DP is from My Minds Eye, the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, and the hedgies are from a Penny Black clear set called Every Which Way.

After I tried a little one, I wanted to try a bigger one, see if I liked this type of card...well, let me tell you - I LOVED it!!! This one turned out SO awesome, I am very proud of this one! It is going to a friend who just had a baby!!!


Here is the front.......lots of bling and sparkles!!

and the side view to see the easel part, the button that props it up & the sentiment.
And here is the entire card - open in all its glory!! LOL



The flourish stamp is from Lizzie Ann Designs, the bunny and sentiment are from the set Practically Perfect from Verve Stamps & the paper is from My Mind's Eye. I coloured the bunny with my Koh-i-noor pencils and Gamsol & sparkled her up with my Sakura jelly roll pen (stardust) and stickles!
Thanks for looking at my very first easel cards - I think I will be making more of these!! They are fun and SO easy!!!!
Chris

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Great card Girlfriend! I have to give it a try! Love the colors and the image!! CUTE!
hugz
deb

Holly Young said...

These are so cute Chris. I've been wanting to try my hand at one of these, but just haven't sat down to do it yet. Your friend is going to really love the one you made for her and I'll bet she displays it in the baby's room!

helencreaty1 said...

I like the both card, they look so sweet.
hugsssss
helen

pinky said...

Chris I love it, beautiful colours and image. I had a go myself yesterday but haven't posted it yet. They are so easy to do yet I thought it would be complicated lol.
Pinky

Tracey said...

These are both fabulous Chris! Love them!!

Jacque said...

CHRIS!!! Both of them are just darling and you have handled that easel card with the best...Great job...you are so dang talented and creative...geeeeeesh...Just love them...Hugs..Jacque

debby4000 said...

Oh these are fabulous.
luv
Debby

Diane said...

Those are awesome Chris!!!!

Donelda said...

wow - this is why you amaze me!! You are always finding these increadible "different" cards .... and you actually make them. I just sit and look!! LOL I love them both. The colors on the first card are so intense and warm!! And I am sure your friend will love her card and all it's blingy goodness!!

AmethystCat said...

AWESOME!

Blog Archive