Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Sketch time!



This week at The Corrosive Challenge blog, we have a sketch for you! It is a nice simple sketch that allows for larger images that you want to be the focal point. I chose this stamp called Wine & Cheese from Inkadinkado which I got from Simon Says Stamp.


I coloured it awhile ago, using a technique I got from the Simon Says Stamp blog...THANKS to Heidi & Steph for helping me find it, you can find the video tutorial HERE!!! It was making me CRAZY cuz I couldn't find it in the archives...I'm SURE I passed it 15 times!!!! LOL

It was really easy actually.....it is embossing powders. So what I did was, using my Versamark pad, stamped it on a part I wanted a specific colour (let's say the grapes) - then sprinkled purple EP on it, then heated it. Then I stamped with versamark on the cheese, sprinkled yellow EP on that part & heated it. I did the same technique for the wine, the glass & the background. It gives a neat "Van Gogh" feel to it!!!! Go watch the video...she explains it much better!!! And her work is GORGEOUS!!!!


Hope you'll join us this week!!!
Chris

No comments:

Blog Archive