Monday, November 18, 2013

Incy Wincy Challenge - make an EASEL card

    Good morning!!!! 

This week the Incy Wincy Design team has a GREAT  challenge for you...make an EASEL card! There are a ton of tutorials online for a variety of easel cards, here are a couple to get you started:
ONE - Splitcoast Stampers
TWO - You tube video
THREE - pinterest

I've made a ton of square/rectangle easel cards, even dabbled with some circle easel cards....but thought I would try a DIFFERENT shape this time!  I googled a bee hive shape, printed it off and cut it out in the pieces I needed for my easel card.  Wasn't as difficult as I thought!!!  AND I think it turned out cute! I could have done the black lines a bit better..........but really...is a bee hive perfectly straight???

I have used Winter Honey Bee from Lacy Sunshine - one of our sponsors this week!!  She is what inspired me to make a bee hive Easel card!!! The sentiment is computer generated.  She is coloured with Copics and the only embellies I used are a scrap of bee ribbon I'm glad I saved and a tiny little flower button!!!  Not sure it needs anything else, do you???


  
And a side view:




 Now that you've seen my card,  head on over to the CHALLENGE blog and see what the rest of my teamies have done!!!!

Have fun and good luck!!! I hope you'll join us this week! If you do, you could win a GREAT prize this week!!! WOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

3 comments:

dragonllew said...

Fab card Chris love the shape.
Jenny x

Annette said...

Fab card Chris. Love the fancy shape.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Anonymous said...

so different and so clever! LOVE it! hugs me xx

Blog Archive