Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hoppy for you!

We made this card at my workshop on Friday night - it is the circle window with frame tutorial I found on someone's blog and for the LIFE of me, I cannot figure out where I found it! If I find it, I will edit this post with the link!!! ETA: "anonymous" reminded me that it was from Kristina Werner's design blog...AND it reminded me that it was my Secret Sister that SENT me the link to that tutorial....duhhhhh!!! I have a feeling "anonymous" is my Secret Sister, so THANKS for the kickstart!!! LOL
I used: Certainly Celery (card base and 1 piece 3 x 4 1/8), Close to Cocoa ( 3 1/2 x 4 5/8) and DP (2 7/8 x 4), all from SU. The ribbon is Old Olive poly twill which is amazing...so soft!! This is a great card for those small images!

Here is what you do: Using the 1 1/4" punch, punch a hole in the small piece of celery paper. Using the 1 3/8" punch, punch a slightly larger hole in the DP (being careful to line them up so it looks like a frame. Stamp your image on white (2 1/2" square) and attach it to the back of the small celery piece with pop dots. Attach the small celery piece to the small Close to cocoa with pop dots as well, then attach all of that to the celery cardbase. I masked the saying from the stamp when I stamped the frog, then masked the frog when I stamped the saying. I punched the saying out with the SU Word Window punch and attached it with a glue dot.

I hope that makes sense!!! If not, email me and I can try to explain it better!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a good job. I saw this tutoral on kwernerdesignblog I hope this helps you

Anonymous said...

We really like this one Miss Chris! I am going to try to make one like it today.

Love, Tommy and Mikey

AmethystCat said...

too cute! love the frame idea. TFS!

Blog Archive